Friday, August 29, 2008

Deer... not always dear


I like deer, I really do. And I don't mind providing food for them... within reason. But I would like to discourage them from jumping my fence into the yard and eating my stuff. Any ideas how to discourage deer? naturally? I will not poison them.

My tomato plants had all had their tops bitten off. Some of the green tomatoes were missing. My plants had many more green tomatoes on them than they had today when I went out. The cherry tomato plant had TONS of tomatoes. Most of them were gone. Some had fallen on the ground when the deer that munched the plant knocked them off. This is an issue. I would really like to be able to harvest a few tomatoes this year! As it is, I've only got 3 cherry tomatoes that I picked up off the ground to show for my efforts. :(

Must look into deer discouragement.

No comments: